Covid-19 workplace safety at G&H Group
People’s safety remains our top priority and G&H Group is observing the government’s Covid-19 guidelines.
We are also following advice from the Contractors Health and Safety (CHAS) organisation.
A comprehensive risk assessment has been carried out and implemented to ensure our workplace is safe. This has been shared this with all our people and visitors.
On arrival, we have prominent notices on the main reception doors explaining our coronavirus protocol before people enter the building.
This sets out that:
- Social distancing measures are in place and should be observed at all times
- Handshakes should not take place
- Hand cleaning and sanitisation stations are positioned in reception and should be used
- All reasonable steps have been taken to maintain a two metre distance throughout the office
Regular staff welfare checks are being carried out and we continue to communicate directly with our people via the bespoke G&H Online Portal app.
We have also asked our people to avoid public transport if possible when travelling to and from work.
In case this is not possible they have been provided with a list of measures they should take in accordance with government guidelines:
- Wearing a mask
- Using face coverings when entering stations rather than waiting until boarding transport
- Ensuring social distancing at all times
- Travelling at off-peak times whenever possible
On-site, we are following the Standard Operating Procedure that was issued in relation to Covid-19 in March by the Construction Leadership Council and endorsed by Public Health England.
Additionally, we are adhering to health and safety guidelines as issued by the main contractors we work with across the UK, complying with their procedures at all times.
Similar NewsG&H Building Services secures MEP contract for Harrogate dementia care home
Thursday 22nd October 2020
Leeds City College awards three-year contract to G&H Maintenance to manage new £60m Quarry Hill campus
Thursday 1st October 2020
G&H Building Services appointed by Interserve to new mental health facility for young people in £3.6m contract
Monday 7th September 2020